Ceramic Coating Care Instructions
Congratulations on choosing to have your vehicle coated with ceramic! Ceramic coating is an excellent way to protect your vehicle's paint and keep it looking shiny and new for years to come. In order to maintain the quality of your ceramic coating, it is important to follow these after care instructions:
- Do not expose your vehicle to rain or water for 24-48 hours after application of the ceramic coating.
- Do not wash your vehicle for 10 days after application of the ceramic coating to allow it to fully cure. This will ensure that the coating properly adheres to your vehicle's paint.
- Avoid using automated car washes, as they can damage the ceramic coating with harsh chemicals and/or brushes. Instead, hand wash your vehicle or schedule an appointment with a professional detailer. Find an IDA certified detailer near you here.
- When washing your vehicle, use a pH-neutral car wash soap or rinseless solution and a microfiber towel or wash mitt. Avoid using harsh chemicals, brushes, or sponges, as they can damage the ceramic coating. Ask your detailer for product recommendations.
- Dry your vehicle thoroughly with a clean, dry microfiber towel after washing. This will prevent water spots and ensure that your vehicle looks its best.
- Avoid washing your vehicle in direct sunlight or high temperatures. This can cause the soap to dry too quickly and leave residue on your vehicle's paint.
- Do not wax your vehicle after applying ceramic coating. The ceramic coating will provide all the protection your vehicle needs, and waxing can prevent the coating from performing optimally.
If you notice any stains, bird droppings, bug guts, or other contaminants on your vehicle, remove them as soon as possible. These contaminants can damage the ceramic coating if left on for too long.
If you have any questions, please ask your detailer for clarification!